Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Zoo for Mikayla's "Special Day"


We went to the Honolulu Zoo today for Mikayla's "Special Day". It is actually her birthday but we call it her Special Day because her actual party is this coming Monday. Mikayla expects to have presents on her birthday and a party so we decided to call today her "Special Day".
I think most of the time she spent at the zoo was at the little play ground. She enjoyed herself playing with the other kids. So she had a little Mommy time. Camden and I left them and went to the Sahara exhibit. We saw all of Camden's favorite animals. When he saw the giraffes he said, "Oooo!" When he saw the rhinos he said, "Cooool!" And after that he said the same things for all the animals. He loves the Baby Einstein Baby Noah DVD, which shows all kinds of different animals. Our boy loves to name the animals and make their animal sounds.
We ate some gellato, the Italian ice, I love that stuff. I thought that no one would find out, but my wife recognized that the boy's lips were blue.
After the zoo we headed over to Farrell's, a ice cream shop. The Mikayla was exhausted from playing and wasn't her usual excited self. I told the waitress that it was her birthday. You get free icecream and a little song with it. When the waitress and others that were there for their song, Mikayla just had a plain face, expressionless. We also ordered a banana split, it was expensive but was really good! I pretty much ate 90% of the entire thing. I highly recommend Farrell's. I had the pastrami burger and onion rings which was ono! My wife had her Reuben sandwich, her favorite! I am still full from lunch and had no desire to eat dinner.
Overall we had a fun great "Special Day" for Mikayla.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi Kami!! So glad you have a blog! We are moving to Alaska, and are really sad to have to leave Maui. Keep in touch.

Darwin and Melissa