Monday, July 14, 2008

No water-what to do?

This morning I was about to do my Monday morning routine of washing the clothes and washing the morning dishes while the kids watch Playhouse Disney. My wife called me soon after she left from work and reminded me that the apartment management had shut the water off from 8am - 12pm today. Great... what do I do? I then had to go to the bathroom... yeah the one you need to flush. I really couldn't hold it. Then I remembered, we have a 6 gallon water container in our home that I had bought for our food storage. Yes, it had water in it. Sometimes I take it to Scout camps cause I'm the Scoutmaster for the Boy Scout Troop and forget to refill it when I get return home. Anyways, I got to fill the water of the toilet with my water container. Yes, our toilet was saved!
About 2 years ago we had an earthquake here in Hawaii. We were on Maui back then and we were without electricity and running water for only a few hours, maybe 4-5 hours. Everybody on Oahu were without electricity and running water for almost 18 hours. After that everyone in Hawaii were concerned about emergency food and supplies. I wonder if people are still concerned about that now that it is Hurricane season. Here is the LDS website for food storage
http://www.providentliving.org/channel/0,11677,1706-1,00.html the website always has a connecting website to the Red Cross.
We've been trying to build up our emergency food and supplies since we moved here from Maui. I heard Progresso soup is not good to have for a while. You're suppose to rotate out, meaning eat the food of the food storage every few months so you have a fresh supply. Well until next time.

No comments: