Thursday, July 10, 2008

First post

Howzit,

My kids are watching Sesame Street while I am typing this blog.
About me:
I'm a stay @ home dad living on Oahu. My wife works full time. I'm also an MBA student @ Hawaii Pacific University. I've got 2 wonderful kids. My oldest child, a girl is 3, next week is her birthday. The boy, as my wife and I call him is 2 and is learning his "inner voice". Okay he's in the terrible twos stage. I've been staying @home with my kids for a year and 7 months.
At first it was very, very hard. How did my wife do it? How did my mom do it? You can easily lose your mind and your cool if you don't know what you're doing. And yes, your kids will know that. They can smell fear and will test your limits. I mean kids don't plan out your falling from grace of being the "fun Dad". They have been use to their mommy, who does everything different and handles everything different from us dads. Yeah, as Dads we're pretty clueless watching our kids during the day if we were working full time. I worked for 2 years after college and my wife stayed at home. Then I decided to go for my masters. The roles changed and my whole life changed. Life is good...for the time being, nap time for the kids. Gotta put'um down.

No comments: