Friday, July 11, 2008

Time out



This is where I put my kids for time out! Nah, they just were playing and followed each other under that end table. Kids just do the most random things. Prepared for the unexpected. Sounds Jedi like...

As for discipline, time out seems like the most effective method. They both don't like it so that works. Growing up in Hawaii, I don't think I ever had time out as a form of discipline. It was spankings. Who didn't get "lickings" growing up in Hawaii? Pretty much everybody did. So time out was kind of a foreign thing to me. So the kid just stands there or sits there for the amount of minutes that are the same for their age? Yep thats it. You gotta give them the guilt talk. "You made Daddy disappointed" or "You need to be nice to your brother because he's the only one you got". Yeah it will evolve when they get older. For example, "Go clean the toilet, then go to your room!" Or my favorite punishment I got when I was in intermediate school was, "Go pull some weeds". That was really junk. Wait that wasn't punishment, that was one of my chores! "No T.V." or "no videogames", that was some of our punishments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture. Sooooo cute! And you are totally right about the spankings/lickings when we were kids, and the timeouts today.