Wednesday, September 2, 2009

End of mango season and otai is so good


Its the end of the mango season, the end of summer. My niece in Laie has been selling mangoes from her tree and I think this past weekend was her last sale. She would make an average of $30 within 20 minutes. Her driveway is right across the college so there are always cars passing by. I think she made over $150 this summer selling mangoes from her back yard. My niece wants to use the proceeds of her sale to send her young cousin, who lives in Utah, to Hawaii.

With the end of summer is the end of watermelon season. I just had some awesome otai, a Tongan drink with watermelon and pineapple, this past weekend. Yeah, its my favorite drink, I drank like 6 plastic cup fulls. I'm sorry I don't know the recipe yet. Keeping this blog short because I am holding my sleeping 5 month old daughter and typing with one hand.

1 comment:

Willing 'Ohana said...

Haha! I'm typing this comment with my left hand. Mmmmm...I miss Grandma's mangoes. I'm glad you got to have some otai. Post some pics of the kids soon. Love ya!