Saturday, November 8, 2008

Daddy belly


So its been 2 months since the last blog. No excuse just lazy. I had two pretty intense classes, Finance for Managers and Business Strategy. We've had some family emergencies. We have to move out of our apartment because the owner wants to sell it and my wife is expecting our 3rd child. So I'm pregnant too, I'm always hungry and my mood changes sometimes. It seems that whenever my wife is pregnant I gain a little weight. So to offset that I've been trying to workout atleast 3 times a week. I'm following a "Men's Health Belly Off" program. Its pretty good. I know I get a good work out because I'm all sweaty when I finish one of the work outs. I use to have a six-pack, that was when I was single and danced at the Polynesian Cultural Center and worked out 3-4 days a week. Sigh, like in the movie, "The Incredibles", 'the glory days'. I now have a 'Daddy belly', you know the belly that your kid can sit on your tummy while you're holding them while standing. I gained like 25 pounds since I've been married.
I just saw the movie on DVD, "Run Fat Boy Run", it is hilarious. I laughed so hard with that movie. It kind of motivates me to continue to workout. Its about this out of shape and out of luck guy, Dennis who ran away from his girlfriend, Libby who was pregnant at the altar. Its now 5 years later and Dennis wants to run a marathon to earn the respect for Libby who is the mother of his 4 year old impressionable son and most of all to compete with her handsome boyfriend. Its British humor and I think its funny. I won't tell you what happens at the end. You have to find out for yourself.
The last movie I saw in the movie theater was High School Musical 3, Senior Year. It was surprisingly really good. I loved the singing and the dancing. The acting was pretty good. The best movie of the series. Yes, I have seen all 3 HSMs. I have the soundtracks. I have seen the first movie over 20 times. Its because of my daughter liked to watch it alot. Yeah, right.
Back to working out. I would love to get a 24 hour Fitness membership but its so crazy expensive. Hmm 4oo bucks for 3 years and I gotta pay up front, what if I don't go as often? Lose money if you're lazy. What a cool concept, pay a fee to work out for 1-3 years upfront. These guys that started gyms are smart. Yeah, diet can help too. I don't eat as much as I did in college. Just gotta eat smarter like an adult. I tend to eat my kids leftovers. I didn't know that men can gain weight eating they're children's left overs. There have been studies on this. Sorry I forgot the article title. Its just the Hawaiian culture, no waste especially food.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WHAT? You guys had to move out?! Are you guys ok? If you need help with anything, let us know!! I can't believe it! I need to work out too!! I would love to join a gym to use the machines and lift but who has $400?!! We just gotta do the workouts at home huh?! I just gotta do it! If you didn't read my blog, WE LOVE HSM 3!!!

Pilar said...

High School Musical!! you actually paid to see that and have seen the 1st one over 20 times. Sorry man, but no wonder you have a belly.:)
I think when I saw that movie I actually lost some brain cells. No offense. I have gained weight since we got married as well, so you are not alone. Congratulations on the new baby.

Miki said...

Don't worry about the weight gain! Just live happy!